Wednesday, April 15, 2009

two more weeks.

and I'm gonna have to come up with an answer..it's so mixed, really, cause I mean..I have my family telling me to go to FIT; it's cheaper, you'll take out less in loans, it's still in Manhattan, blah, blah blah blah blah blah. Whatever. Personally; and I'm really not just saying this because FIT is a state school, or anything..either way, the difference between whether or not it's a state or private school is irrelevant; that school has given me a bad first impression. First off, their 'campus tour' involved a slideshow in a cramped room that didn't ONCE mention anything about their photography program, whatsoever. All they did was go on and on about their fashion and fashion merchandising programs, which...great, we all know you're a fashion school, but c'mon..you still have other majors, no matter how small in comparison. Also, their required 'portfolio' consisted of 30 photographs, then a 'challenge' thing. Most schools ask for 10, 15, at MOST 20 images.
Now, SVA, on the other hand..their campus tour actually involved going through ALL of their buildings and discussing everything about ALL of their programs..also, their BFA photography program is one of their biggest programs. They are a pricey school, mostly because they are private, but it's really no matter if they're private or a state college; it's quality, not quantity, am I right?
My heart's in SVA..and I'm not going to go against that. I can't..no matter what I have to do to get there..


Also, mann..I really want an egg roll right about now.. (8

No comments:

Post a Comment