Thursday, May 7, 2009

let yourself fly

So it's been decided that I will be attending FIT in the fall, instead of SVA, which..saddens me greatly in many ways because SVA was my top school and all..but since FIT starts all applicants with their associates' degree, I've realized I could always go there for two years and transfer; worse comes to worse. Granted, both schools are located in Manhattan - they are actually ten blocks away from each other - they have a great atmosphere, their foundation programs are generally the same, and I will no doubt about it have a great time, because a) I won't be on Long Island; b) I'll be in arguably one of the greatest cities on the planet; and c) I'll be able to concentrate on more of what I love doing, which is photography, and not all of that other mumbo-jumbo bullshit that they teach in school that you just KNOW you'll never use in your every day life..
Of course, my mother is having her little incestuous breakdowns..as if I'm not stressed enough as is, haha. It's the whole, "are you SURE you want to do this?" and the, "oh, TRUST ME..I know you generally don't care, Killian, but..when you have a chain-smoking, r&b loving roomate, you will" - basically stupid nonsensical shit that I just wish would end. I think, for the most part, she worries because I'm basically the first person in my immediate family to attend college..who knows.
Anyway..hopefully this will all gradually become better. We'll see..

No comments:

Post a Comment